ESTA payment: do you have to pay for an ESTA application and how much
One of the most popular questions asked by the people who apply for ESTA is, “Do I have to pay for an ESTA?” And the answer is, yes, you do have to pay for ESTA Visa. It is important to know that every person who files a request with the CBP to obtain the right to visit the United States without the standard travel permit will have to pay a certain fee. Currently, it amounts to $14 and is comprised of two separate charges:
- The processing fee of $4 is collected by the CBP. Basically, it is a fee you have to pay for ESTA application. It means to compensate the agency’s expenditures on the processing of all requests that go through the system of electronic verification on the daily basis. It is collected immediately after the submission of the request and will not be refunded even if the request gets rejected.
- The authorization fee of $10 is charged only after the candidate for permit-free traveling receives the official approval from the authorities. In case the applicant gets rejected, money will not apply.
History of ESTA fees
ESTA wasn’t always a fee-based service. Prior to September 8, 2010, citizens of 38 countries that agreed to participate in the Program were not obliged to pay fees at any stage of the verification process. They just had to visit the corresponding governmental website, file the request and wait for the official approval. But it all changed after the introduction of the Travel Promotion Act which was meant to be an incentive for tourist flow to the States. The Corporation for Travel Promotion was also formed as the part of this Act. Such legislative action was met with criticism both at home and abroad. The European Union officials were deeply disturbed by this innovation and even suggested taking the retaliatory measures. Whether or not these fees led to the increase of tourist flow remains debatable, but the diplomatic outcry was to no avail since the charges were left intact. So, now and in the foreseeable future, you have to make ESTA payment (Not working? Write to us – we will help you!).
Method of ESTA payment – account number, problem resolutions
The ESTA application payment should always be carried out using the following credit card services: MasterCard, American Express, and Visa. Please keep in mind that the ESTA system does not accept any other method of ESTA payment. If you encounter any ESTA payment problems, you should do as follows:
- Check the available balance on your credit card.
- Make sure that you have entered the card number and other details correctly.
- Check the expiry date on your credit card.
- Make certain that you have transferred funds to the correct ESTA payment account number.
If your ESTA payment is still not working, you should contact your bank or ESTA support service.
Third party services and price for their help
Do you pay for ESTA visa application additional price? Just only if you need a professional help. You should always employ a very responsible approach towards the financial side of ESTA application payment.
If you are not entirely certain that you can do it on your own, you can always rely on the professional help of third-party services, such as USA-visaservices.com. Rest assured that their experts will resolve all issues but also keep in mind that you will have to pay an additional fee for their competent services.